Director of Enterprise & Growth, Innovation Agency
Lorna is Director of Enterprise and Growth at the Innovation Agency. Having started her career as a dietitian in the NHS, Lorna has also worked in a variety of private sector senior management roles in sales, marketing and business development, and at board level in clinical nutrition and medical technology companies.
After 10 years in sales, marketing and business development, Lorna joined a venture capital firm, Merseyside Special Investment Fund, as healthcare business consultant and went on to work as a self-employed consultant working with SMEs to shape business plans and secure venture capital investment to commercialise innovations.
Prior to joining the Innovation Agency Lorna was involved in launching over 40 new healthcare products and technologies both in the UK and internationally.
She is a member of the:
• NHS Innovation Accelerator Operational Board
• SBRI Health Strategic Advisory Board
• Northern Health Science Alliance Council
• Innovation and Health and Life Science Boards for Liverpool City Region
• Innovation Board for Lancashire LEP
• Knowledge Transfer Network Medical Technology (KTN) Advisory Board
• iiCON Advisory Panel (Infection Innovation Consortium led by Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine )