Vice President, Global Head MedSci & iiGM Global Therapeutic Area Head, Labcorp Clinical Development Limited
Areas of expertise: Global Strategic Clinical Drug Development, Portfolio and Program Management across multiple Therapy Areas:
- Immune Mediated Inflammatory Diseases (IMID: including Systemic Autoimmune diseases, Rheumatoid Arthritis and related conditions and Inflammatory Bowel and other GI diseases). Infectious Diseases (including antibacterial and antiviral therapies).
- Cardiovascular and Metabolic diseases (Including CV Outcome studies, Hypertension, Heart Failure, Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes & complications eg Retinopathy, Nephropathy)
- Women’s Health (Contraception, Fertility, Endometriosis & Uterine Fibroids).
Michael George leads and manages the global BioPharma MedSci organization of Therapeutic Area Head VPs in Covance. He is responsible for Medical portfolio oversight and delivery, including
- Direct engagement and consultation with Clients at Executive, R&D and Operating Committee levels to help drive business growth and development, through alignment and appropriate engagement of Covance MedSci capabilities and subject matter expertise and by ensuring the development of compelling medical strategies and integrated solutions to Clients’ needs
- Clinical development strategy tailored to Client programs and priorities around asset development and all related aspects of medical and scientific execution, including bench strength, resourcing and talent management, standards, quality, compliance and patient safety across the TAs (IIGM, CV & Metabolic, Renal, Hepatic Neuroscience/Women’s Health).
- Driving performance, collaboration and high quality inputs from the MedSci TAs in alignment with enterprise goals and our Commercial, Marketing, Business Development, Alliance needs and other key functional stakeholders across the Diagnostic and Drug Development Divisions
Michael George started his pharmaceutical career with Merck in Medical & Scientific Affairs and Clinical Development in the cardiovascular and metabolic areas, before moving to a global clinical development leader role at GSK. Later, he worked at Takeda and was responsible for successful development programs leading to registration of several innovative products during his time as Development Director and then later Managing Director of the European Development operation within Global R&D. He was later responsible for spearheading the start-up of the regional clinical development hub in Singapore in the rapidly growing Asia-Pacific region.
He has more than 25 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and CRO industry having held numerous posts of increasing seniority across all phases of clinical drug development in various therapeutic areas and Pharmacovigilance with both regional and global responsibility. His publications include numerous articles in the areas of IMID development, hypertension, heart failure, diabetic retinopathy, and neuro-endocrine modulation.
Leonardo Royal Hotel London Tower Bridge16 November 2023